Emil Holms Kanal 2, 2300 København S, 22 Bygning 22 (Afsnit 1), Building: 22-5-57
- MA, Danish and English (1984), University of Copenhagen.
- Dr. phil. (1990) thesis “Differences in dyslexia”. University of Copenhagen.
- Since1997 Professor of applied linguistics at University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 2015 Visiting Professor at Université de Paris.
- 2004-2010 Professor II at the reading research centre at University of Stavanger, Norway.
- 1992-1997 Research professor, University of Copenhagen.
- 1982-1986 Teaching assistant, The Royal School of Educational Studies.
- 1998 Founder of Centre for Reading Research, University of Copenhagen.
- 1993 Founder of The Danish Information Centre for Dyslexia.
CE has acted as participant and chair on several committees for the Danish Ministry of Education and the Danish Ministry of Science, Technology and Development: e.g., the committee on quality in education with regard to reading (1992-93), the teaching material prize committee (1994-2006); the committee for the preparation of a national plan of action to develop reading abilities (2005).
He has been the advisor of 7 successful PhD students and participated in doctoral examination committees in 7 different countries, and co-organised 3 European graduate summer schools.