Anna Steenberg Gellert
Emil Holms Kanal 2, 2300 København S, 22 Bygning 22 (Afsnit 1), Building: 22-5-45
I am an Associate Professor at the Centre for Reading Research at the University of Copenhagen as well as a visiting Associate Professor at the University of Leeds. My research focuses on reading and language development and disorders and includes intervention studies as well as development and validation of innovative assessments of reading and language.
1. Effects of vocabulary intervention on word knowledge and reading comprehension
Gellert, A. S., Arnbak, E., Wischmann, S., & Elbro, C. (2021). Morphological intervention for students with limited vocabulary knowledge. Short- and long-term transfer effects. Reading Research Quarterly, 56(3), 583-601.
Gellert, A. S., & Arnbak, E. (2020). Predicting response to vocabulary intervention using dynamic assessment. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools, 51(4), 1112–1123.
2. Identification and prediction of reading disabilities
Gellert, A. S., & Elbro, C. (2018). Predicting reading disabilities using dynamic assessment of decoding before and after the onset of reading instruction: A longitudinal study from kindergarten through Grade 2. Annals of Dyslexia, 68(2), 126-144.
Gellert, A. S. & Elbro, C. (2017). Try a little bit of teaching. A dynamic assessment of decoding as a kindergarten predictor of word reading difficulties at the end of Grade 1. Scientific Studies of Reading, 21(4), 277-291.
Gellert, A. S., & Elbro, C. (2017). Does a dynamic test of phonological awareness predict early reading difficulties? A longitudinal study from kindergarten through Grade 1. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 50(3), 227-237.
Elbro, C., Daugaard, H. T., & Gellert, A. S. (2012). Dyslexia in a second language? A dynamic test of reading acquisition may provide a fair answer. Annals of Dyslexia, 62(3), 172-185.
Gellert, A. S., & Elbro, C. (2013). Cloze tests may be quick, but are they dirty? Development and preliminary validation of a cloze test of reading comprehension. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, 31(1), 16-28.
- Dixon, C., Oxley, E., Gellert, A., & Nash, H. (in press). Does dynamic assessment offer an alternative approach to identifying reading disorder? A systematic review. Journal of Learning Disabilities.
3. Prediction of development of reading and vocabulary
- Gellert, A. S., & Elbro, C. (2013). Do experimental measures of word learning predict vocabulary development over time? A study of children from Grade 3 to 4. Learning and Individual Differences, 26, 1-8.
- Gellert, A. S. (2014). Does repeated reading predict reading development over time? A study of children from Grade 3 to 4. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology, 55(4), 303-310.
- Dixon, C., Oxley, E., Gellert, A., & Nash, H. (2022). Dynamic assessment as a predictor of reading development: a systematic review. Reading & Writing.
Primary fields of research
Reading development, reading disabilities, dyslexia, vocabulary acquistion, second language learning, language testing, dynamic assessment