Benedicte Nielsen Whitehead
Department of Nordic Studies and Linguistics
Emil Holms Kanal 2, 2300 København S, Bygning 22, Building: 022-5-25
Curriculum vitae for Benedicte Nielsen Whitehead
I have co-organized four international conferences, one in Cambridge and three in Copenhagen, and have been a co-editor of the subsequent proceedings of said conferences. I have published articles on Indo-European accent, laryngeal theory and derivational and compositional mophology.
- 2014- i dag: Postdoc, Language, kin and family in prehistoric Europes- what words can tell
- 2015-17: Initiator of and interdisciplinary summer school on the Indo-European migrations in Europe
- 2013-14: three months' stay as a visiting scholar at the University of California Los Angeles.
- 2009-2014: Postdoc, Roots of Europe - language, culture and migrations at the Department of Nordic Studies and Linguistics, KU
- 2001-11: Received a PhD scholarship from the Danish Research Council; was awarded the PhD degree at the University of Leiden. Supervisors: Dr. Torsten Meißner, Dr. James Clackson and prof. Geoff Horrocks (University of Cambridge); prof. Alexander Lubotsky (University of Leiden)
- 2000-01: Part-time research assistant, under prof. Rosemarie Lühr, University of Jena
- 1999: Cand.phil. in Indo-European comparative linguistics, University of Copenhagen
- 1996-97: part-time bibliographical assistant under prof. Jost Gippert, Project TITUS, University of Frankfurt
- 1990-92: Studied Indo-European comparative linguistics for for semesters under profs. Jochem Schindler and Heiner Eichner.
- 1987: Matricluated in Indoe-European comparative linguistic under Jens Elmegård Rasmussen, University of Copnhagen