Pre-award and post-award support
The Department’s research support team offers support to researchers seeking external funding for their projects. The support comprises guidance on funding opportunities, review of application texts and calculation of salary and operation costs (see below regarding drawing up the budget). If funding is obtained, the research support team offers help with employment contracts for researchers who are not already employed, support to build the project’s website, and support to oversee the project ’s finances by discussing the financial reports issued from the Faculty’s finance centre with the project team.
Researchers wishing to have their projects hosted by the Department
The Department welcomes researchers wishing to be hosted by the Department if the project in question is assessed to be relevant and related to the Department’s research areas. The Department’s management will make this assessment. Please contact the research support team (see contact details below) and forward a project proposal of maximum one page. If your project is approved, you will be invited to a dialogue on how to proceed and the support team will request further information from you.
Drawing up a project application and budget
The support team offers review of the project proposal and the budget. The budget is required to be detailed and you must calculate the project expenses based on the planned activities. For the budget, as well as calculating the salary, a number of forms must be filled out (please ask the research support team to forward these). The research support team will review the forms and information you have provided before they are forwarded to the Faculty’s finance centre. The finance centre will calculate the salary level of the applicant and enter the figures into the budget form to be used in connection with the specific call for applications, and then return it to the applicant.
The final budget file must be forwarded to the research support team for attestation by the head of department. A copy of the full application (application text, budget and appendices) in PDF format must be sent to the research support team when it has been uploaded.
Deadlines and information meetings
To ensure the time necessary for drawing up a good application, the following deadlines apply:
- Danish funding agencies: contact the research support team no later than two months prior to the deadline.
- Other international funding agencies: contact the research support team no later than two to four months prior to the deadline.
The Faculty arranges the application process for two of the larger relevant Danish funding agencies and for the Marie Curie call for applications:
- The deadlines of the Danish Council for Independent Research are around 1 October and 1 April. The process begins around two months before. Please contact the research support team for information.
- The deadline of the Carlsberg Foundation is around 1 October. The process begins around two months before. Please contact the research support team for information.
- The deadline for Marie Curie postdoc applications is around 10 September. The process begins in February and includes a master class in May. Please contact the research support team for information.
Please note that up to each deadline of the Danish Council for Independent Research the Faculty of Humanities hosts an information meeting and two workshops in collaboration with other Faculties at the University. Dates are made public on the intranet for staff and via the English Faculty website for others.
The research support team members are: Trine Steenslev and Sigrun Eydinsdottir Petersen, email@example.com.